EFTPS is the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System
provided free by the U.S. Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue System (IRS) and Financial Management Service (FMS). It is also offered free through PCU. This system enables business and individual taxpayers* to pay their federal taxes electronically using the Internet or phone. Its convenient, secure and time-saving!
- EFTPS is available by Internet or phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Schedule all of your Form 1040ES payments up to 365 days in advance, or make weekly or monthly payments if you prefer.
- It has an easy to use, step-by-step process that tells you what information you need to make any federal tax payment.
- Access up to 16 months of your EFTPS payment history online or by phone.
- EFTPS uses the highest level of security available online so you can be assured knowing your information is protected.
- Enroll online or contact PCU to obtain and complete IRS Form 9779 (Business Enrollment Form) or IRS Form 9783 (Individual Enrollment Form), and then mail it to the EFTPS Enrollment Center.
* Businesses can use EFTPS to pay all business taxes including corporate, excise and employment taxes. Individuals who make more than one tax payment per year, particularly installment or Form 1040 estimated payments will find EFTPS very convenient.
Get Started Today!