Checking Account Switch Kit
Switching your checking account to Postal Credit Union is simple. We've created a switch kit to make your transition quick and easy! Download our checking account switch kit forms and instructions (outlined below) to ensure a smooth transition.
Follow these easy steps:
Open your Postal Credit Union Checking Account
Discontinue using your former checking account
- Stop using your old account and allow enough time for any outstanding checks, automatic payments and debit card transactions to clear.
- Destroy any unused checks, ATM and debit cards.
- PCU will securely shred old checks and order your first new box for FREE!
Move Direct Deposits including retirement funds to your new Postal Credit Union Checking Account
- To move your payroll Direct Deposit, complete the Direct Deposit Change of Instruction Request form contained in the Switch Kit and submit to your Human Resources department.
- If you have other sources of Direct Deposit such as Social Security or a retirement plan, remember to change those too. You will need to provide PCU’s ABA routing number 296076262 and your new PCU checking account number
- The last page of the Switch Kit contains important phone numbers for contacting these agencies.
Redirect automatic payments and withdrawals
- Move automatic payments or withdrawals such as loan payments and recurring bills to your new Postal Credit Union Checking Account at least two weeks before the next payment is due.
- Use the Automatic Account Payment/Withdrawal Change Form in the Switch Kit to submit these requests.
- Set up new Bill Payments and sign up for eStatements if you haven't already in PCU Online Banking
Close your old checking account